2012/2013 Dobber Pro Campbell draft results
Draft for the Pro Campbell league was held yesterday and here are the draft results. League had 12 teams so there were some starters available after the first 4 rounds, although first three rounds were goalie heavy (18/36 in the first 3 rounds) as could be expected. I am pretty happy with my team(drafted 5th overall, Last Resort) as I think I have solid team at every position.
Here are the draft results:
1. Steven Stamkos (TB - C) Steam Roller
2. Evgeni Malkin (Pit - C,RW) blammo
3. Sidney Crosby (Pit - C) Zorro's Howi...
4. Alex Ovechkin (Was - LW) Das Chicleteur!
5. Claude Giroux (Phi - C,RW) Last Resort
6. Henrik Lundqvist (NYR - G) rattus rattus
7. Jonathan Quick (LA - G) Fergie's Leafs
8. Pekka Rinne (Nsh - G) expectoraters
9. James Neal (Pit - LW,RW) GarthButchers
10. John Tavares (NYI - C) Smoothfun
11. Tuukka Rask (Bos - G) Loki
12. Jimmy Howard (Det - G) Serious Chinny
1. Cory Schneider (Van - G) Serious Chinny
2. Ilya Bryzgalov (Phi - G) Loki
3. Ilya Kovalchuk (NJ - LW) Smoothfun
4. Erik Karlsson (Ott - D) GarthButchers
5. Daniel Sedin (Van - LW) expectoraters
6. Corey Perry (Anh - RW) Fergie's Leafs
7. Marc-Andre Fleury (Pit - G) rattus rattus
8. Jaroslav Halak (StL - G) Last Resort
9. Miikka Kiprusoff (Cgy - G) Das Chicleteur!
10. Mike Smith (Pho - G) Zorro's Howi...
11. Zach Parise (Min - LW) blammo
12. Carey Price (Mon - G) Steam Roller
1. Tyler Seguin (Bos - C,RW) Steam Roller
2. Cam Ward (Car - G) blammo
3. Ryan Miller (Buf - G) Zorro's Howi...
4. Antti Niemi (SJ - G) Das Chicleteur!
5. Jonas Hiller (Anh - G) Last Resort
6. Shea Weber (Nsh - D) rattus rattus
7. Roberto Luongo (Van - G) Fergie's Leafs
8. Zdeno Chara (Bos - D) expectoraters
9. Anze Kopitar (LA - C) GarthButchers
10. Kari Lehtonen (Dal - G) Smoothfun
11. Gabriel Landeskog (Col - LW) Loki
12. Rick Nash (NYR - LW) Serious Chinny
1. Dustin Byfuglien (Wpg - RW,D) Serious Chinny
2. Jamie Benn (Dal - C,LW) Loki
3. Semyon Varlamov (Col - G) Smoothfun
4. Patrick Sharp (Chi - C,RW) GarthButchers
5. Phil Kessel (Tor - RW) expectoraters
6. Milan Lucic (Bos - LW) Fergie's Leafs
7. Dustin Brown (LA - LW,RW) rattus rattus
8. Bobby Ryan (Anh - LW) Last Resort
9. Kris Letang (Pit - D) Das Chicleteur!
10. Henrik Sedin (Van - C) Zorro's Howi...
11. Nicklas Backstrom (Was - C) blammo
12. Taylor Hall (Edm - LW) Steam Roller
1. Jordan Eberle (Edm - RW) Steam Roller
2. Scott Hartnell (Phi - LW) blammo
3. Jason Spezza (Ott - C) Zorro's Howi...
4. Dion Phaneuf (Tor - D) Das Chicleteur!
5. Alex Pietrangelo (StL - D) Last Resort
6. David Backes (StL - C,RW) rattus rattus
7. Jarome Iginla (Cgy - RW) Fergie's Leafs
8. Evander Kane (Wpg - LW) expectoraters
9. Eric Staal (Car - C) GarthButchers
10. Loui Eriksson (Dal - LW,RW) Smoothfun
11. Jeff Skinner (Car - C,RW) Loki
12. Ryan Getzlaf (Anh - C) Serious Chinny
1. Jonathan Toews (Chi - C) Serious Chinny
2. Logan Couture (SJ - C,LW) Loki
3. Henrik Zetterberg (Det - C,LW) Smoothfun
4. Dan Boyle (SJ - D) GarthButchers
5. Brad Richards (NYR - C) expectoraters
6. Drew Doughty (LA - D) Fergie's Leafs
7. P.K. Subban (Mon - D) rattus rattus
8. Patrick Kane (Chi - C,RW) Last Resort
9. Alexander Edler (Van - D) Das Chicleteur!
10. Thomas Vanek (Buf - LW) Zorro's Howi...
11. Pavel Datsyuk (Det - C,LW) blammo
12. Patrick Marleau (SJ - C,LW) Steam Roller
1. Martin St. Louis (TB - RW) Steam Roller
2. Marian Gaborik (NYR - RW) blammo
3. Joe Pavelski (SJ - C,RW) Zorro's Howi...
4. Joe Thornton (SJ - C) Das Chicleteur!
5. Mike Green (Was - D) Last Resort
6. Jordan Staal (Car - C,LW) rattus rattus
7. Niklas Kronwall (Det - D) Fergie's Leafs
8. Ryan Callahan (NYR - RW) expectoraters
9. Jack Johnson (Cls - D) GarthButchers
10. Craig Anderson (Ott - G) Smoothfun
11. Keith Yandle (Pho - D) Loki
12. Dany Heatley (Min - LW,RW) Serious Chinny
1. Shane Doan (Pho - LW,RW) Serious Chinny
2. Braden Holtby (Was - G) Loki
3. Mike Richards (LA - C,LW) Smoothfun
4. Martin Brodeur (NJ - G) GarthButchers
5. Max Pacioretty (Mon - LW) expectoraters
6. Michael Del Zotto (NYR - D) Fergie's Leafs
7. Alexander Semin (Car - LW,RW) rattus rattus
8. Jeff Carter (LA - C) Last Resort
9. Matt Moulson (NYI - LW) Das Chicleteur!
10. Brian Campbell (Fla - D) Zorro's Howi...
11. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Edm - C) blammo
12. Ryan Suter (Min - D) Steam Roller
1. Kevin Shattenkirk (StL - D) Steam Roller
2. Ondrej Pavelec (Wpg - G) blammo
3. Duncan Keith (Chi - D) Zorro's Howi...
4. Anders Lindback (TB - G) Das Chicleteur!
5. Marian Hossa (Chi - RW) Last Resort
6. Mark Streit (NYI - D) rattus rattus
7. David Clarkson (NJ - RW) Fergie's Leafs
8. Brian Elliott (StL - G) expectoraters
9. Corey Crawford (Chi - G) GarthButchers
10. Alex Goligoski (Dal - D) Smoothfun
11. T.J. Oshie (StL - C,RW) Loki
12. Blake Wheeler (Wpg - RW) Serious Chinny
1. Joffrey Lupul (Tor - LW,RW) Serious Chinny
2. Matt Duchene (Col - C,LW) Loki
3. Jason Pominville (Buf - RW) Smoothfun
4. Mark Giordano (Cgy - D) GarthButchers
5. Erik Cole (Mon - RW) expectoraters
6. Vincent Lecavalier (TB - C) Fergie's Leafs
7. Ryane Clowe (SJ - LW,RW) rattus rattus
8. Johan Franzen (Det - LW,RW) Last Resort
9. Patrik Elias (NJ - C,LW) Das Chicleteur!
10. Devan Dubnyk (Edm - G) Zorro's Howi...
11. Tobias Enstrom (Wpg - D) blammo
12. Brad Marchand (Bos - C,LW) Steam Roller
1. Niklas Backstrom (Min - G) Steam Roller
2. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Pho - D) blammo
3. Radim Vrbata (Pho - RW) Zorro's Howi...
4. Dennis Wideman (Cgy - D) Das Chicleteur!
5. Teemu Selanne (Anh - RW) Last Resort
6. Evgeni Nabokov (NYI - G) rattus rattus
7. Michal Neuvirth (Was - G) Fergie's Leafs
8. Chris Kunitz (Pit - LW) expectoraters
9. James Wisniewski (Cls - D) GarthButchers
10. Jakub Voracek (Phi - RW) Smoothfun
11. Alexandre Burrows (Van - LW,RW) Loki
12. Brent Burns (SJ - D) Serious Chinny
1. Andrew Ladd (Wpg - LW) Serious Chinny
2. Nail Yakupov (Edm - RW) Loki
3. Ryan McDonagh (NYR - D) Smoothfun
4. Patrice Bergeron (Bos - C) GarthButchers
5. Brent Seabrook (Chi - D) expectoraters
6. Kevin Bieksa (Van - D) Fergie's Leafs
7. Teddy Purcell (TB - RW) rattus rattus
8. Mikko Koivu (Min - C) Last Resort
9. Danny Briere (Phi - C,RW) Das Chicleteur!
10. Wayne Simmonds (Phi - RW) Zorro's Howi...
11. Ryan Whitney (Edm - D) blammo
12. Tyler Myers (Buf - D) Steam Roller
Last edited by temek; 10-17-2012 at 08:42 PM.
1. Valtteri Filppula (Det - C,LW) Steam Roller
2. Zach Bogosian (Wpg - D) blammo
3. Milan Michalek (Ott - LW,RW) Zorro's Howi...
4. Derek Stepan (NYR - C) Das Chicleteur!
5. Christian Ehrhoff (Buf - D) Last Resort
6. Kris Versteeg (Fla - LW,RW) rattus rattus
7. Ray Whitney (Dal - LW) Fergie's Leafs
8. Mike Ribeiro (Was - C) expectoraters
9. Stephen Weiss (Fla - C) GarthButchers
10. Justin Williams (LA - RW) Smoothfun
11. Dmitry Kulikov (Fla - D) Loki
12. Steve Ott (Buf - C,LW) Serious Chinny
1. Paul Stastny (Col - C) Serious Chinny
2. John Carlson (Was - D) Loki
3. Erik Johnson (Col - D) Smoothfun
4. Kimmo Timonen (Phi - D) GarthButchers
5. P.A. Parenteau (Col - RW) expectoraters
6. David Krejci (Bos - C) Fergie's Leafs
7. Matt Carle (TB - D) rattus rattus
8. Ryan Kesler (Van - C) Last Resort
9. Patrik Berglund (StL - C) Das Chicleteur!
10. Ian White (Det - D) Zorro's Howi...
11. Nathan Horton (Bos - RW) blammo
12. Cam Fowler (Anh - D) Steam Roller
1. Johan Hedberg (NJ - G) Steam Roller
2. Drew Stafford (Buf - RW) blammo
3. Jose Theodore (Fla - G) Zorro's Howi...
4. Dan Girardi (NYR - D) Das Chicleteur!
5. James van Riemsdyk (Tor - LW) Last Resort
6. Alex Steen (StL - C,LW) rattus rattus
7. Mikhail Grabovski (Tor - C) Fergie's Leafs
8. Sheldon Souray (Anh - D) expectoraters
9. Marcus Foligno (Buf - LW) GarthButchers
10. Nick Foligno (Cls - LW) Smoothfun
11. Slava Voynov (LA - D) Loki
12. Sergei Bobrovsky (Cls - G) Serious Chinny
1. Lubomir Visnovsky (NYI - D) Serious Chinny
2. David Perron (StL - LW) Loki
3. Justin Faulk (Car - D) Smoothfun
4. Tyler Ennis (Buf - C,LW) GarthButchers
5. David Desharnais (Mon - C) expectoraters
6. Tomas Fleischmann (Fla - LW) Fergie's Leafs
7. Chris Stewart (StL - RW) rattus rattus
8. Martin Hanzal (Pho - C) Last Resort
9. Olli Jokinen (Wpg - C) Das Chicleteur!
10. Michael Ryder (Dal - RW) Zorro's Howi...
11. Cal Clutterbuck (Min - RW) blammo
12. Jason Garrison (Van - D) Steam Roller
1. Daniel Alfredsson (Ott - RW) Steam Roller
2. Dennis Seidenberg (Bos - D) blammo
3. James Reimer (Tor - G) Zorro's Howi...
4. Ryan Malone (TB - LW) Das Chicleteur!
5. Travis Hamonic (NYI - D) Last Resort
6. Martin Havlat (SJ - RW) rattus rattus
7. Ryan Smyth (Edm - LW) Fergie's Leafs
8. Nick Leddy (Chi - D) expectoraters
9. Brandon Dubinsky (Cls - C,LW) GarthButchers
10. Adam Henrique (NJ - C) Smoothfun
11. Jake Gardiner (Tor - D) Loki
12. Troy Brouwer (Was - RW) Serious Chinny
1. Braydon Coburn (Phi - D) Serious Chinny
2. Mikael Granlund (Min - C) Loki
3. Jared Spurgeon (Min - D) Smoothfun
4. Patric Hornqvist (Nsh - RW) GarthButchers
5. Andrei Markov (Mon - D) expectoraters
6. Jonathan Huberdeau (Fla - C) Fergie's Leafs
7. Sam Gagner (Edm - C,RW) rattus rattus
8. Dan Hamhuis (Van - D) Last Resort
9. Bryan Little (Wpg - C,RW) Das Chicleteur!
10. Pascal Dupuis (Pit - LW,RW) Zorro's Howi...
11. Josh Harding (Min - G) blammo
12. Matt Read (Phi - RW) Steam Roller
1. Johnny Boychuk (Bos - D) Steam Roller
2. Michael Cammalleri (Cgy - C,LW) blammo
3. Tomas Plekanec (Mon - C) Zorro's Howi...
4. Luke Schenn (Phi - D) Das Chicleteur!
5. Tomas Vokoun (Pit - G) Last Resort
6. Kyle Okposo (NYI - RW) rattus rattus
7. Derek Dorsett (Cls - RW) Fergie's Leafs
8. Stefan Elliott (Col - D) expectoraters
9. Craig Smith (Nsh - C,RW) GarthButchers
10. R.J. Umberger (Cls - LW) Smoothfun
11. Chris Kreider (NYR - C) Loki
12. Joni Pitkanen (Car - D) Serious Chinny
1. Justin Schultz (Edm - D) Serious Chinny
2. Ryan Ellis (Nsh - D) Loki
3. Jaromir Jagr (Dal - RW) Smoothfun
4. Chris Neil (Ott - RW) GarthButchers
5. Derek Roy (Dal - C) expectoraters
6. Sergei Gonchar (Ott - D) Fergie's Leafs
7. Victor Hedman (TB - D) rattus rattus
8. Andy McDonald (StL - C,LW) Last Resort
9. Martin Erat (Nsh - RW) Das Chicleteur!
10. Marc Staal (NYR - D) Zorro's Howi...
11. Jussi Jokinen (Car - C,LW) blammo
12. Jason Chimera (Was - LW) Steam Roller
1. Jonas Gustavsson (Det - G) Steam Roller
2. John-Michael Liles (Tor - D) blammo
3. Brad Stuart (SJ - D) Zorro's Howi...
4. Sven Baertschi (Cgy - LW) Das Chicleteur!
5. Marek Zidlicky (NJ - D) Last Resort
6. Ray Emery (Chi - G) rattus rattus
7. Brendan Smith (Det - D) Fergie's Leafs
8. Travis Zajac (NJ - C) expectoraters
9. Derick Brassard (Cls - C) GarthButchers
10. Dainius Zubrus (NJ - C,RW) Smoothfun
11. Anton Khudobin (Bos - G) Loki
12. Mike Fisher (Nsh - C) Serious Chinny
1. Rich Peverley (Bos - C) Serious Chinny
2. Vladimir Tarasenko (StL - RW) Loki
3. Kyle Quincey (Det - D) Smoothfun
4. Brenden Morrow (Dal - LW) GarthButchers
5. Cody Hodgson (Buf - C,RW) expectoraters
6. Brandon Saad (Chi - LW) Fergie's Leafs
7. Stephane Robidas (Dal - D) rattus rattus
8. Brian Gionta (Mon - RW) Last Resort
9. Devin Setoguchi (Min - RW) Das Chicleteur!
10. Curtis Glencross (Cgy - LW) Zorro's Howi...
11. Ales Hemsky (Edm - RW) blammo
12. Todd Bertuzzi (Det - LW,RW) Steam Roller
1. Brayden Schenn (Phi - C) Steam Roller
2. Sergei Kostitsyn (Nsh - LW) blammo
3. Matt Niskanen (Pit - D) Zorro's Howi...
4. Nikolai Kulemin (Tor - LW,RW) Das Chicleteur!
5. Ben Scrivens (Tor - G) Last Resort
6. Brian Boyle (NYR - C) rattus rattus
7. Ryan O'Reilly (Col - C) Fergie's Leafs
8. Brooks Orpik (Pit - D) expectoraters
9. Adam Larsson (NJ - D) GarthButchers
10. Matt Greene (LA - D) Smoothfun
11. Nikolai Khabibulin (Edm - G) Loki
12. Roman Josi (Nsh - D) Serious Chinny
1. Antoine Vermette (Pho - C,LW) Serious Chinny
2. Jakob Silfverberg (Ott - RW) Loki
3. Nikita Nikitin (Cls - D) Smoothfun
4. Jacob Markstrom (Fla - G) GarthButchers
5. Mathieu Garon (TB - G) expectoraters
6. Steve Downie (Col - LW,RW) Fergie's Leafs
7. Tim Thomas (Bos - G) rattus rattus
8. Tyler Kennedy (Pit - LW,RW) Last Resort
9. Cam Atkinson (Cls - RW) Das Chicleteur!
10. Jiri Hudler (Cgy - LW) Zorro's Howi...
11. Clarke MacArthur (Tor - LW) blammo
12. Carl Hagelin (NYR - LW) Steam Roller
1. Dougie Hamilton (Bos - D) Steam Roller
2. Kyle Turris (Ott - C) blammo
3. Viktor Stalberg (Chi - LW) Zorro's Howi...
4. Brad Boyes (NYI - C,RW) Das Chicleteur!
5. Tuomo Ruutu (Car - C,LW) Last Resort
6. Peter Mueller (Fla - C) rattus rattus
7. Tom Gilbert (Min - D) Fergie's Leafs
8. Jean-Sebastien Giguere (Col - G) expectoraters
9. Jordin Tootoo (Det - RW) GarthButchers
10. Scott Clemmensen (Fla - G) Smoothfun
11. Gustav Nyquist (Det - C) Loki
12. Mikael Samuelsson (Det - RW) Serious Chinny
picked 8. blew off this exam. simply cut and paste draft list from dobber expert results into yahoo.
if there is a season, i don't think the team will finish last.
after drafting a first line of d sedin, b richards, and kessel, looked to shore up the hit cat with some aggressive, goal heavy, wingers. left centers and d-men for the final rounds. i like the team ( as in, i like the players i drafted ).
will i get enough starts out of elliott to compete in the goalie counting cats? hope so.
dobber pro 2012-2013; campbell conference
c; b richards, ribiero, desharnias, zajac
lw; sedin, e kane, pacioretty, kunitz
rw; kessel, callaghan, cole, paranteau
d; chara, seabrook, souray, leddy, markov, s elliott
g; rinne, elliott
bench; garon, giguerre, hodgson, orpik, d roy
ir; nobody, yet
C: Carter, M.Koivu, Kesler, Hanzal
LW: Ryan, Franzen, van Riemsdyk, McDonald
RW: Giroux, P.Kane, Hossa, Selanne
D: Pietrangelo, Green, Ehrhoff, Hamonic, Hamhuis, Zidlicky
G: Halak, Hiller
Bench: Gionta, Kennedy, Ruutu, Vokoun, Scrivens
I like my team and I think I am relatively solid at every position. LW is a bit questionable with several injury prone players, but we'll see how that goes. RW on the other hand is very strong so that's probably the position to trade from if issues arise elsewhere in the team. Draft went mostly according to the plan and I managed to draft about half the team where I was planning to take them pre-draft so that's pretty much as good as can be expected. Pre-draft plan was to take goalies in rounds 2&3 and then concentrate on dmen and wingers so I would have 0-1 C, 1-2 LW, 1-2 RW, 2 D, 2 G by the of the round 8. After that the idea was to mostly draft based on my rankings spreadsheet with emphasis on wingers and dmen in the middle rounds and deviate from that only if I needed help in certain categories.
1. (5) Claude Giroux (Phi - C,RW)
Plan was to pick winger here or Crosby if I had to. I was hoping to get Ovechkin, but Giroux isn't too bad either.
2. (20) Jaroslav Halak (StL - G)
I wanted goalie here and I was pretty confident I would get one on my wish list of Halak/Price/Niemi. All three were available so decided to go with Halak.
3. (29) Jonas Hiller (Anh - G)
2nd goalie was the target and wishlist went Price/Niemi/Hiller. Price and Niemi went so picked Hiller.
4. (44) Bobby Ryan (Anh - LW)
I was hoping one of Chara/Weber/Byfuglien would be available here, but all three went before my pick. Secondary plan was to pick from the opposite wing of the 1st round selection so I selected the highest rated LW in Ryan.
5. (53) Alex Pietrangelo (StL - D)
Time to select my 1st dman and went with Pietrangelo. I had Pietrangelo, Subban, Edler and Green pretty much evenly rated so decided to go with Pietrangelo as I felt others would more likely be available at my next 2 picks.
6. (68) Patrick Kane (Chi - C,RW)
Subban went, but Edler is still available. I decide to wait on Edler/Green as I think I am better off picking winger now because one of Edler/Green has better chance of being available at my next pick. My 5th ranked RW P.Kane was still on board so went with him. Other options included Datsyuk or Marleau at LW.
7. (77) Mike Green (Was - D)
Edler, Datsyuk and Marleau were selected so went with Green as I wanted to have 2 top dmen in the team.
8. (92) Jeff Carter (LA - C)
I wanted to get LW here to balance the wing situation and I was looking at Heatley, Semin or Pacioretty at this point. All three went though and I wanted to pick LW, but the next best LW on my list was Franzen who would likely be available at my next pick at least. List of available good centers was getting pretty thin as well so decided to with Carter to pick my 1st center on the team.
9. (101) Marian Hossa (Chi - RW)
I really needed LW here, but Hossa was still available and I decided to risk losing Franzen by picking Hossa. Hossa was significantly higher rated on my list so essentially went with BPA here and thinking I could probably get LW by trading if necessary.
10. (116) Johan Franzen (Det - LW,RW)
Franzen was still available and decided to not risk the LW anymore as with Lupul gone there wasn't any good LWs left apart from Franzen.
11. (125) Teemu Selanne (Anh - RW)
Once again going with best winger available, although this selection creates a bit of imbalance with 4 RW and 2 LW on the team. I was hoping to draft wings pretty evenly, but Selanne was just rated far ahead of the highest rated LW available so had to go with BPA and hope to fix the imbalance by trading. M.Koivu was also available bit surprisingly, but went with the winger as I had Koivu and Selanne roughly evenly rated.
12. (140) Mikko Koivu (Min - C)
I wasn't really planning to pick another center for some time, but M.Koivu was still available and considering he was 18th ranked C on my list and next best was ranked 34th, I simply had to go with Koivu. Koivu was also easily the highest rated forward available at my pick so this was pretty much a no-brainer pick. Very happy with this pick and I think this was my best steal in the draft.
13. (149) Christian Ehrhoff (Buf - D)
Time to address the D again. Highly rated dmen were getting thin on my list with Giordano, Burns and Wisniewski going in the last few rounds so I went with Ehrhoff.
14. (164) Ryan Kesler (Van - C)
I was looking to add another dman and was especially targeting Timonen. Timonen went though and I was quite confident next best dmen in my list Markov and Ellis would be available in later rounds. Kesler was still available so had to go with him as he has potental to be pretty good player in this format.
15. (173) James van Riemsdyk (Tor - LW)
I had to address the LW with only 2 LW in the team so went with the best available on the list in van Riemsdyk. This is kind of risky pick and I am relying on him improving, but had to take some risks as I didn't like the rest of available LWs at all.
16. (188) Martin Hanzal (Pho - C)
My draft spreadsheet indicated that I was really low on hits so decided to go with Hanzal to remedy that a bit. He was also highest rated C left in my list so I think this was a good fit at this point.
17. (197) Travis Hamonic (NYI - D)
Another selection to get more hits to the team. Very nice hit totals already and could possibly be breakout candidate as well. I don't expect it though and I would be happy with mid-high 20s in points and close to 200 hits.
18. (212) Dan Hamhuis (Van - D)
Hoped Dubinsky would be available as 4th LW with nice hit totals and decent scoring ability would have been nice. Dubinsky went though so decided to with highest rated dman available in Hamhuis.
19. (221) Tomas Vokoun (Pit - G)
I left picking Markov a bit later than I was planning to with the need to get hits. So Markov went and I decided to pick up Vokoun in case Fleury is injured/continues with his his stellar play.
20. (236) Andy McDonald (StL - C,LW)
My late sleeper D pick in Ellis goes so I decided to select McDonald to complete the starting roster forwards.
21. (245) Marek Zidlicky (NJ - D)
Best D available to fill the 6th D spot in the roster.
22. (260) Brian Gionta (Mon - RW)
I think Gionta is very undervalued currently in most leagues and I think he'll provide good value as bench RW. Also gives me a good replacement RW in case I ship one out in a trade.
23. (269) Ben Scrivens (Tor - G)
We are in the lottery rounds already so decided to pick Scrivens as G that has even some reasonable chance to end up as a starter.
24. (284) Tyler Kennedy (Pit - LW,RW)
Just a filler winger. I'll probably drop in 2 or 3 weeks in the season anyway so I picked multi-position winger just in case there are injuries and can't field full lineup in the 1st week.
25. (293) Tuomo Ruutu (Car - C,LW)
Another multiposition filler player.
As for categories go I think I have solid team in most categories. I expect to be just middling team in saves though and probably still a bit low on hits as well.
From the other teams I like blammo best, team has good solid skaters with good balance except maybe somewhat low in hits. Ward and Pavelec should give team good finishes in W and SVS cats, but I expect this team to finish quite low in GAA. That's just the price you likely have to pay with selecting goalies relatively late in rounds 3 and 9, but I think blammo managed to get very good value out of the goalie picks.
Other teams I quite like as well are Expectoraters(questionable goaltending, but very strong balanced skaters), Das Chicleteur(good goaltending and skaters are decent as well) and Loki(best goaltending in the league, but skaters suffer a bit from going back-to-back goalie in the first 2 rounds).
Last edited by temek; 10-17-2012 at 10:02 PM.
C: JThornton, Stepan, Berglund, OJokinen
LW: Ovechkin, Moulson, Elias, Malone
RW: Briere, Little, Erat, Setoguchi
D: Letang, Phaneuf, Edler, Wideman, Girardi, LSchenn
G: Kiprusoff, Niemi
BN: Lindback, Baertschi, Kulemin, Atkinson, Boyes
On paper it doesn't look super flashy, but I decided to always pick the players who were contributing across the board no matter the position.
I've also been plagued by a lot of "pick in the face". Sure we all have some, but I had 7 just the pick before mine (5 by you Temek - round 10th, 12th, 16th, 18th and 20th and 2 by Zorro - round 7th and 9th) and 3 within 4 picks (round 4th, 8th and 24th).
Baertschi in round 21st has been an autopick as I got a bug with Yahoo. I wanted Hodgson and it didn't work for some reason.
Anyway, it's always fun to draft and now that we might have a season afterall, it'll be even better if we can see how it unfold!
24GMs Dynasty (G A +- PIM PPP SOG W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G)
Cap hit: $1188 out of $1250
C-Malkin $157,Schwartz $5,Granlund $5,Shaw $5,Rinaldo $5,Cervenka $5,Schroeder $5,Galchenyuk $5
LW-Hartnell $136,Nash $115,Leino $29,Kulemin $49,Gagne $32,Paajarvi $5,MFoligno $5,Joensuu $5
RW-Brown $115,Jagr $14,Grabner $40,Gallagher $5,Knight $5,Radulov $5
D-Karlsson $105,Edler $83,McDonagh $18,Bogosian $27,Mitchell $22,REllis $5,Salvador $5,Hamilton $5
G-Halak $127,Montoya $24,Bishop $5,Fasth $5,Allen $5
Thanks for starting this,
might as well post my thoughts
I had a similar drafting plan as Chicleteur, wanting to try and grab guys that help in all areas but at the same time i was using an excel sheet that tracks all the picks and lets me know what i stat i need to improve in.
I drafted last which right off the hop meant i had to go G,G to start the draft and even in doing that would get weaker T1 goalies but 2 decent goalies either way.
C - Getzlaf, Toews, Stastny, Fisher
LW- Nash, Ott, Doan, Ladd
RW - Lupul, Wheeler, Brouwer, Heatley
D - Byfuglien, Burns, Visnovsky, Coburn, Pitkanen, Josi
G - Howard, Schneider
BN - Bobrovsky, Peverley, Schultz, Samuelsson, Vermette
As i mentioned i started GG, i was hoping (but not expecting) to land 1 of the big 3 g's or Rask, with none of them lasting to me i had to grab what i thought was the best of the rest
With Howard and Schneider i do have some risk, but hopefully they can cover my stats for me. I wanted to get a 3rd goalie but tried to hold off as longs as possible since i had to draft 2 G's so early and it seemed that every time I had a G ready to pick he went and it pushed me back another round.
As it is with any of these Dobber drafts lots of guys are on the same page. With me picking last i had big breaks between picks so it was hard for me to really plan anything as the guys i had lined up would just keep flying off the board. I stuck to my rankings as best as i could and continued to grab players based on stats i needed. I did catch a small issue in my sheet after about 10 rounds, i had one of the stats mislabelled and couldn't understand how i kept targeting a stat that i wasn't improving in it. As it turns out i ended up what i consider to be very well balanced, outside of +/- which i always think is a hard stat to draft anyway.
On paper (outside of my team of course) i like the looks of Chicleteur and Zorro but hopefully the league will start up and we can see how it all unfolds.
The Comish's Dynasty Pool - YR1 Dual Champ!
3C- Toews $74, , Lecavalier $119, Madden $29
3L- McDonald (C) $65, Avery $60, MacArthur $22
3R- Semin $108, C.Stewart $5, Kopecky $12
4D- Phaneuf $107, Wisniewski $35, Goligoski $5, Robidas $50
1U- Ja.Williams $51
1G- Emery $5
BN- B.Stuart(D) $20, C.Bourque(LW) $5, Pickard(G) $5, Abdelkader(LW) $5, Conklin(G) $45, Y.Weber(D) $5, Leighton(G) $5
IR- Burish $17, Lupul $66, Hemsky, Bieksa
Cap hit $927
GarthButchers here and um... I missed the draft. No excuses. Just forgot. My team was auto-picked for me based on some rankings I put together a few days before the draft and definitely resulted in some odd picks.
For one thing I didn't draft a goalie until the 8th round haha so clearly I have some work to do...
C: Kopitar, Staal, Bergeron, Weiss, Brassard
LW: Neal, M Foligno, Ennis, Dubinsky, Morrow
RW: Sharp, Hornquist, C Smith, Neil, Tootoo
D: Karlsson, Boyle, J Johnson, Giordano, Wisniewski, Timonen, Larsson
G: Brodeur, Crawford, and um Markstrom
Could be a long season...
I drafted 9th by the way and interstingly I had Rask ranked just behind Neal... would have made for a completely different draft.
Last edited by mrgreer77; 10-17-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Do the PRO tiers include PIM?
As a reference, I put together a full list of the four Entry divisions (which includes PIM) by ADP: click here.
An interesting note is how much of a better understanding the PRO(s) have about goalie value & scarcity. The Entry divisions are a 15-team league, making goalies VERY scarce and yet they didn't fly at a 50% draft rate (and probably SHOULD have).
As a comparison of the difference between the Entry league & PRO... I was able to nab Bryz at 27 (14th in your league) & Varlamov at 57 (39th in your league).
My Team (Loki):
C Jamie Benn (Dal - C,LW)
C Jeff Skinner (Car - C,RW)
C Logan Couture (SJ - C,LW)
C Mikael Granlund (Min - C)
LW Gabriel Landeskog (Col - LW)
LW Matt Duchene (Col - C,LW)
LW Alexandre Burrows (Van - LW,RW)
LW David Perron (StL - LW)
RW T.J. Oshie (StL - C,RW)
RW Nail Yakupov (Edm - RW)
RW Vladimir Tarasenko (StL - RW)
RW Jakob Silfverberg (Ott - RW)
D Keith Yandle (Pho - D)
D Dmitry Kulikov (Fla - D)
D John Carlson (Was - D)
D Slava Voynov (LA - D)
D Jake Gardiner (Tor - D)
D Ryan Ellis (Nsh - D)
G Tuukka Rask (Bos - G)
G Ilya Bryzgalov (Phi - G)
BN Chris Kreider (NYR - C)
BN Gustav Nyquist (Det - C)
BN Braden Holtby (Was - G)
BN Anton Khudobin (Bos - G)
BN Nikolai Khabibulin (Edm - G)
Unlike my counterparts, I am not as enthusiastic about my team. For the record...picking 11th sucks...sucks worse that 12th who at least has the opportunity to second guess themselves with back to back picks. Big 4 on scoring gone...high profile goaltenders gone...you're left with hunches and guesswork.
I see an uphill battle and will need to make some shrewd deals, good acquisitions, some timely injuries to my opponents players, and have a little bit of luck.
I feel my strength is in the goaltending which could go many directions. It is an area I've relied upon in the past and though not fruitful enough to give me the cup, has kept me out of the cellar. Wouldn't it be sweet if the Bulin Wall had one more season left in him (it is a contract year).
My RW's are inexperienced and therefore not deep at all. I'll need them to mature fast. As a whole my team is young. This was somewhat planned as I thought all the kids would be playing hard in the minors and counted on them hitting the season in full stride. I like my centers and left wings. I'll need them to continue their trajectory to stardom in order to have some success.
My defense is thin and there's none on the bench to shore up an injury...though I'm confident with the newly added hits category, I'll find someone although blessed with hands of stone has the ability to hit everything in site.
I'm guessing my counterparts and vegas don't have me in the favorable odds category...don't blame them too much if that is the case.
I like Steamroller's starting line-up and Fergie's depth. Somehow Zorro always seems to be lurking around the throne and Chinny has a way of finding trade partners but all the teams look like they may have a chance if things go their way.
Good luck guys...here's hoping there is a season, and you all finish in 2nd.
2010 - 2011 Signature Team
RFHL: Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
10 Man Keeper League
G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
C: Tavares, Kopitar, Benn, Roy
LW: Hall, Vanek, van Riemsdyke, Nyquist
RW: Seguin, Carter, Yakupov, Tarasenko
D: Green, Fowler, Elliott, J.Schultz, Streit, Wisniewski
G: Price, Ward