Fearless Forecasts: 2011-2012
May as well start now with training camp and preseason coming up in the next month. Kudos again to Angus for the idea he came up with in the forums two years ago. The original thread can be found here.
Here is a short break down of mine (full list with explanations can be found in the Roto Guide released today).
1. Alex Goligoski records less than 50 points
2. Sedin twins each record less than 95 points
3. Thornton breaks 90 points
4. Bruins do not win the Northeast Division
5. Richards breaks 70 assists
6. Karlsson and Rundblad combine for 90 points
7. Yandle leads Phoenix in points
8. Neal breaks 40 goals; Staal breaks 70 points (looks kind of foolish now that Crosby might not start the season)
9. McDonald breaks 70 points
10. Kessel scores 40 goals
11. P.Kane scores less than 82 points
12. Skinner outpoints E.Staal
Feel free to list your own, try to post at least 10. Will be fun to look back and see how terrible our predictions were
XBOX 360 Gamertag: praba911
1- Cammalleri gets 40 goals +
2- Subban gets 50 pts
3- C.Price gets 12 shutouts
4- Pietrangelo gets 50 pts
5- Stamkos wins the Art Ross
6- Doughty wins the Norris
7- Voracek gets 65pts
8- Flyers are no 1 in the eastern conference
9- Washingthon wins the Stanley cup
10- Phoenix finnish dead last
8 Teams. H2H.
43 Players roster,keep 23+5 (-25y and less than 10 games in our league) + 5 prospects( Entry level contract)
1. Bobby Ryan wins the Rocket
2. Bruins miss the playoffs
3. Doughty is the top scoring d-man at 70pts
4. Zajac and Dubinsky top 70pts
5. Halak wins more games than Price (42)
6. Grabo and Kulemin combine for 70 goals...Reimer wins only 23 games
7. Schneider is shipped to New Jersey and wins 25 games
8. Backstrom scores 30 more points than last year, leads the league in assists
9. Spezza's PPG is second to Crosby's
10. Couture and Pavelski, outscore Marleau and Clowe
11. Burns and Boyle tally 100pts
Okay, did this quickly, not too fearless overall, but I thought I'd oblige the thread maker for the sake of interest.
Yahoo 10 GM Keeper league (keep 6)
G=3pts, A=2pt, (PIM,PPP,+/-)= 0.25 W=4pts, Svs=0.05, SO=2pts
C: Backstrom, Tavares, M.Koivu, J.Carter
LW: B.Ryan, Hall, Heatley, B. Schenn
RW: P.Kane, Tarasenko, C. Stewart, Voracek, Brunner
D: Yandle, Edler, Streit, J.Schultz, Goligoski
G: Schneider, Bryzgalov, Varlamov, Vokoun
1. LA wins President's Cup
2. Vancouver finishes 5th or worse in the Western Conference
3. Montreal misses the playoffs
4. Connolly plays 75 games (pushing Kessel to over 40 goals)
5. Nash breaks 80 points
6. St. Louis wins Art Ross
7. St. Louis wins Hart
7. Conklin plays 40+ games
8. Lundy wins Vezina
9. E. Johnson gets 50+ points
10. Chicago misses the playoffs
14 team roto(3C,3RW,3LW,5D,2G,5B,1IR-82 max games)
7 team roto(3C,3RW,3LW,4D,1U,2G,4B,3IR-86 max games)
1. Neuvirth beats out Vokoun as the starter by the end of the season.
2. P. Kane hits 90 points.
3. Getzlaf hits 100 points.
4. Grabner hits 40 goals.
5. Varlamov has an injury free season.
6. Colorado makes the playoffs.
7. Mike Green hits 70 points.
8. Florida finishes 30th overall.
9. Spezza plays 75 games.
10. Jordan Staal hits 60 points.
11. Los Angeles finishes #1 in the West
12. Kiprusoff or Iginla gets traded
13. Malkin fails to hit 80 points.
14. Toronto makes the playoffs
The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
(C) Bergeron, Spezza, Ribeiro, R. O'Reilly
(LW) Ovechkin(RW), Clowe(RW), Hagelin
(RW) Eberle, Stewart
(D) Subban, Pietrangelo, Green, Byfuglien(RW), Bogosian
(G) Crawford, Varlamov, Neuvirth
8 Person Farm:
(C), Couturier, Teravainen
(G) Holtby, Ramo, Subban
what's so fearless about that? it's pretty much a lock
XBOX 360 Gamertag: praba911
1. PK Subban breaks 50 points.
2. Mike Richards gets 80 points on LA.
3. Marian Gaborik does not reach 30 goals.
4. Phil Kessel scores 40 goals.
5. Tomas Vokoun leads the league in Save percentage and GAA.
6. Evgeni Malkin records no less than 105 points.
7. Claude Giroux cracks 85 points.
8. Taylor Hall scores 30 goals.
9. Carey Price plays 75 games.
10. Jamie Benn clears 80 points.
Some great stuff so far
1. Kovalchuck hits 50 Goals
2. Weber is traded by the deadline to Vancouver
3. Backes hits stat line of 30-40-70 with 100 PIMs 240 Hits +30 250 SOG
4. MAF wins the Vezina
5. Letang fails to crack 50 points
6. Hall hits 35-40-75
7. Wheeler has a magical 4th year breakout, 68 points
8. Vinny get 85 points
9. Streit hits 60 points
10. Sedins go 1-2 in league scoring
11. Tavares hits 90 points
12. Bogosian is traded to Edmonton, hits 40 points
13. Jagr makes it to 65
14. Giroux scores less then 70
Pretty sure these may be borderline insane, but we'll go with bold!
12 Team H2H Dynasty
22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
(G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
C: J Toews, R Getzlaf, C Giroux, M Hanzal, D Desharnais
LW: A Ovechkin , S Gagne , T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau
RW: C Perry, B Wheeler, D Stafford, K Okposo
D: D Byfuglien, T Myers, J Wisniewski, E Karlsson
G: I Bryzgalov, R Luongo, J Theodore, K Lehtonen
Farm: Poulin, Kabanov, Granlund, Scheifele, Holtby, Reilly
Some interesting ones for sure... I'll throw out a couple, and I'll be really bold on a few
1) Bogosian struggles to start the season, but is moved at the deadline and produces at a 20G, 45 Point pace post-deadline.
2) Taylor Hall is top-15 in goals and top 30 in points.
3) Tavares hits 79 points.
4) Dallas finishes last in the West.
5) Toronto finishes last in the East.
6) NYR wins the NE Division.
7) Anton Lander wins the Calder Trophy.
8) LAK wins the Pacific Division.
9) NJD improves upon last years point totals by 25% and records 101 points.
10) LAK has the highest scoring group of centers - Kopitar, Richards, Stoll.