Welcome to Websimhockey Q&A
I am an administrator on Websimhockey.com and I will be happy to answer all of your questions about our game.
Let's start with a few introduction facts:
- The simulator was built from scratch, starting back in 2005.
- The first Web Sim Hockey league was online in October 2007.
- We currently have over 236 leagues (May 2011), and 5660+ teams managed every day on our site.
- Most of our leagues are from Quebec, Canada (around 90%). This means that there is an immense potential for English users to join in and discover our game. Our current English users are dedicated to our game and loyal users.
Now, a list of features:
- Build your dynasty: Select one of 60 North American cities in which to start your franchise.
- Participate in a 26-round players draft using our unique drafting system.
- Sign your Head Coach.
- Build and manage your Arena
- Complete Online functions, including: Lineups, Team Practice/Strategies, Pro/Farm movement, Game plan, Pre-Game previews, Trade Market, Players contracts, Head coach contracts, Broadcasting contracts, Marketing & sponsors, fully customizable league rules, trade committee and commissioner, complete stats engine, standings, game boxscores, and much more.
We are fans of the NHL, we try to reproduce the reality of an NHL General Manager. You play with the NHL players, whether they are Retro (83-84 to now) or current, you will get accurate attributes, made by our team, using complex formulas with the players statistics.
There are 2 Player Evolution modes:
- Real player evolution: Player attributes are re-evaluated once at the end of the season. At the end of a Web Sim Hockey season, the attributes are updated using the statistics from the last two NHL seasons (the percentage varies depending on the league option).
- Virtual player evolution: Player attributes are re-evaluated twice a year: once at mid-season and once at the end of the season. The simulator calculates player evolution using the following criteria: age, investment in player development, and luck. Player evolution does not take performance (real or virtual) into account.
So that's pretty much it! There is so much to tell, it is hard to resume it in one post. But this is why I created this category. Feel free to ask any question and I will be happy to answer them.