2013 Entry Draft - TOP 20 Rankings for Roto leagues
I am watching this years draft class very closely as I will have as many as 5 picks in the top 15 of the 2013 entry draft for the $$$ roto dynasty in my sig. Since there hasn't been nearly as much discussion (as i would like) on this topic I thought I'd share my thoughts, although I normally don't talk prospects too much on these forums since all of my leagues GMs are on here haha. Will try to update monthly, rankings are based on roto upside with defensemen not regarded as highly due to the uncertainty in development time. Again, these rankings are for multi-cat leagues (G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG) and only skaters are considered. Upside is given precedence over certainty, and these rankings will likely fluctuate a lot as the season progresses.
1) Nathan Mackinnon - still undisputed #1 at this point.
2) Alexander Barkov - lethal combo of size skill and smarts. Making Granlunds #s at same age look pedestrian.
3) Seth Jones - has everything required to become a franchise dman.
4) Sean Monahan - most complete forward in draft?
5) Elias Lindholm - uber skilled and gritty = possible roto stud
6) Jonathan Drouin - better ppg than mackinnon, won't be in his shadow much longer.
7) Hunter Shinkaruk - here based on 2011/12 stat line; needs to show he doesn't need etem to produce.
8) Curtis Lazar - this year's landeskog; will fill NHL box scores in the not too distant future.
9) Ryan Pulock - best pure offensive dman in draft?
10) Josh Morrissey - looking to build off very impressive Ivan Hlinka showing
11) Max Domi - among top scorers in OHL, i don't think lack of size should be a concern
12) William Carrier - impressive #s thus far
13) Anthony Mantha - see above
14) Valeri Nichuskin - projectable frame but Russian factor lingers.
15) Adam Erne - goal scoring power forward; could take a few years to develop.
16) Darnell Nurse - huge roto upside from the back end
17) Arturi Lekhonen - this years teuvo teravainen. Very small but very skilled.
18) Fred Gauthier - already possesses pro size and impressive offensive skill
19) Ryan Kujawinski - reminds me of Ryan johansen in how he has come out of nowhere just in time for his draft year.
20) Bo Horvat - work ethic is unquestioned, offensive upside however is.
HM: Rychel, Burakovsky, Ristolainen, Hagg, Sorenson, Duclair, Compher
Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YR5 - $90M CAP
G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO
C - Crosby, Giroux, Getzlaf
LW - Neal, Elias
RW - Perry, Voracek
D - Letang, Chara, Boyle, Del Zotto, Faulk
Util - Eberle, Seguin,Hossa, Pavelski
G - Rask, Lehtonen
Selanne, Iginla, Doan, M. Foligno, Bogosian, Garrison, McDonagh, Gardiner, Bryzgalov
Forsberg, Bjugstad, Eller, M. Backlund, Vatanen, R. Murphy, Lack.
2010-11 - 1st
2011-12 - 1st
2012-13 - 2nd
Does Max Domi's game resemble of his father's game at all? I know Max's a skilled player and not a fighter, but does he have any of that feistiness Tie had in his game?
Same question about Kerby Rychel too.
UHL Pittsburgh Penguins
24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League Daily
G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW
W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
27 Man Minor Team
C- Tavares, Stepan, Hodgson, Shaw, Bjugstad
LW- Ryan, Perron, Downie, Killorn, Paajarvi
RW- Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Frattin, Rinaldo
D- Schultz, JJ, Bogosian, EJ, Josi, Cowen, Muzzin
F: Granlund, Silfverberg, Jensen, Dalpe, Bowman, Knight, Fasth, JAM, O'Dell
D: Beaulieu, Koekkoek, Gelinas, Pysyk, McCabe, Irwin, Gryba
G: Nilsson, Poulin, Nilstorp, Ramo, Berra, Brossoit, C.Gibson