KEEPER LEAGUE - Need 2 GM's - New Daft 01/17
Looking for 2 new GM's.
Have a keeper league that's been going strong for 3 years. 2 teams bailed out this year last minute due to the shortened season, and we've decided to redraft the entire league, rather than slim it down to 10 teams. Draft will be this Thursday evening. 20$ entry. Dedicated managers only. Email email@example.com if interested.
1) Team Specifics
Roster size: 22 players
Roster positions: 3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 4 D, 2 G, 1 utility, 6 Bench, (2 IR)
Maximum Games: 82 per position (48 this year)
Statistical Categories (Forwards/Defensemen): Goals, Assists, Points, Plus/Minus, Penalty Minutes.
Statistical Categories (Goalies): Wins, Shutouts
2) Roster Protection (keepers):
-Each team protects 16 Players (any position, its your choice) between the end of the regular season and September 19th. A list of each team’s 16 players must be emailed to me @ firstname.lastname@example.org, before 12:01am on September 20th.
* If a list has not been received by 12:01am on September 20th, by default you will be given all goaltenders on the team, followed by the top point-getting skaters until a total of 16 players has been reached. **In the case of a tie in points, alphabetical (last name) order will be used.
-Teams can trade as they wish during the regular season, up until the trade deadline (NHL yearly deadline). Any assets may be traded throughout the year. Assets are players, and draft picks. 2 for 1 trades, 3 for 1 trades, 3 for 2 trades, etc are all legal.
* Only draft picks for the following year's draft can be traded. (Example: During the 2009-10 season, only draft picks that will happen the following September can be traded). Draft picks must be traded evenly, meaning every team must have 6 picks at the draft.
- Trades are on a freeze from the trade deadline (NHL yearly deadline), up until after all keeper lists have been submit (September 1st will be the deadline). Off-season trading will begin following the keeper deadline, and end 3 days before the draft.
-When off-season trading opens, any team can start trading if their league fees have been paid for the next season. In the off-season, teams can trade any of the 16 players listed on their roster, as well as any of that year's draft picks. Off-season trading needs to be don at an even number, meaning 1 for 1 trades, or 2 for 2.
- Regular season trades not involving draft picks:
These trades are done by using the yahoo system. They are also posted in this league forum under COMPLETED TRADES, this is to keep a history of trades.
Off-season trades, or regular season trades involving draft picks:
- First step is to confirm with trading partner that the trade has been accepted (email).
- Once the trade has been accepted, both parties are to email email@example.com, the specifics of the trade. If there is anything missing, both parties will be contacted by the commissioner to clarify the deal.
- An email will be sent out to the league, detailing the trade. The yahoo league forum shall be updated with the trade as well. 48hrs will be given from the time that this email has been submit to the league, for the league to veto the trade.
- Once the veto period has expired, the trade shall be processed, and the trade will be then updated under COMPLETED TRADES in this forum.
“Buddy” trades will not be accepted. If anyone believes that a trade is FAR too lopsided, they may lodge a complaint with me (firstname.lastname@example.org). If that complaint is seconded, a vote will take place. A vote of 58% or greater will be sufficient to nullify the trade. THE COMPLAINT MUST BE LODGED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE TRADE. Owners win deals and lose deals - it happens. Sometimes owners lose deals badly. This rule is in place only for extreme situations. It is to prevent two friends from stacking one of the teams and splitting the prize money. It is also to prevent an owner who is planning on quitting the pool at season’s end from helping someone out by giving them a “deal”.
4) Free Agents
No Free Agents can be signed from the end of the regular season, until midnight after September’s draft.
5) The Draft
The Draft (snake format): A lottery* is held between the bottom 4 teams, with the remaining teams filling in the order from worst to best. Lottery winners get the top 4 spots in the draft.
*Lottery is done using http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm
Every team must activate their most competitive roster throughout the season. Purposely losing for a better draft pick will not be tolerated and could cause you to lose your 1st round draft pick. Each team must have each roster position filled throughout the season and must actively rotate these players into the starting roster when possible.
|fantasy hockey, keeper, roto|