Always... always... always, lean towards betting the under.
Betting people are intrinsically optimists & Vegas feasts on that.
(When I say "Vegas", that's my term for betting-operations... yes, I know bodog/bovada...)
I've done this in 2-years previous, I think I pick 12.
I was 9-2 in 2010-2011
I was 8-4 in 2011-2012
I have to add the phrase "money mouth" so I can find this in a year.
OK, here I go (LOVE THIS, btw, thanks hr):
1. Claude Giroux, 52.5pts. UNDER.
blayze will love this one. I don't see it. Hartnell was insane last year, Jagr gone, Carle gone. I love, love, love Giroux (have a hoodie), but 90pt pace is too much for him on this Flyers squad.
2. Alex Ovechkin, 50.5pts. UNDER.
People start getting lazy when they get engaged & married. Backstrom sounds a bit wonky too.
3. Erik Karlsson, 39.5pts. UNDER
67.5pt pace is just too high. I have serious doubts that any of EK, Spezza, Michalek can repeat last year.
4. Jason Spezza, 44.5pts. UNDER
5. Corey Perry, 43.5pts. UNDER
6. Mike Cammalleri, 31.5pts. UNDER
7. Phil Kessel, 46.5pts. UNDER
8. Steven Stamkos, 55.5pts. UNDER
9. Ilya Kovalchuk, 47.5pts. UNDER
10. Erik Cole, 32.5pts. UNDER. (*I'll make this my GUARANTEE. Yikes!)
OK, OK... two overs... just to force myself to do it. (I'm not an optimist)
11. Rick Nash, 40.5pts. OVER.
Yes, I see him as a point-per-game guy.
12. Zach Parise, 40.5pts. OVER
I see both Parise & Koivu as potentially point-per-game guys.