Originally Posted by forumname
Sorry for the long list, but humor me and pick one. If you're really feeling wily you can even rank them or give some projections! One year, points only:
One year, points only:
Del Zotto 3
1. M Koivu - Should do well now with Parise/Heatley on the same line. Will get 1st unit PP time and rack up a lot with Suter.
2. D Roy - With a top 6 that has Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Ryder, and Whitney, he should be able to rack up a lot of points.
3. J Voracek - I probably am rating him too high, but my prediction is that he will have a big year because he's going to play with Giroux/Hartlnell. Also have 1st unit PP with Giroux/Hartnell/Simmonds and Timonen.
4. T Selanne - Bit of a dip this year. I think the top line of Ryan/Getzlaf/Perry will step it up for most of the point production with Getz in a contract year and bouncing back. He's also 1.5 years older.
5. B Wheeler - Could do well with E Kane and O Jokinen being big goal scorers.
6. M Pacioretty - Probably will perform as well as last year, maybe a bit worse with Erik Cole's whining about the CBA.
7. S Weiss - Panthers top line at the beginning of last season was a fluke. Plus I think this dude is a bit injury prone.
1. M Streit - Call me crazy but I actually think he'll do better than Yandle this year. Tavares is maturing and Moulson is now a proven goal scorer. I think the NYI PP will be pretty good!
2. K Yandle - With the loss of R Whitney, the Coyotes PP and overall offense isn't as good as what it used to be.
3. M Del Zotto - Most O-gifted D-man on NYR. I expect a career year for him since he got such an undervalued contract deal, and with Gaborik/Richards and Nash up front, this PP is gonna hurt.
4. P Subban - Will be relatively the same as last year, with similar results. could have a bit of a higher upside with a healthy Markov.
5. A Goligoski - The Stars have really improved up front with Jagr + Roy. Should be a bigger year, but not as big as the 4 above.
6. J Johnson - I'm assuming this is the D-man you're talking about. He'll probably get a decent amount of points, but is on the worst NHL team ever. I don't even know who's going to play on CBJ PP1... Dubinsky, Prospal, Brassard?, Atkinson? Those names don't sound like point production to me.
7. J Wisniewski - Same reasons as above, only he's not as offensively gifted as JJ, and he's more of a band-aid.
Yahoo! Points Only League
Forwards: Stamkos, St. Louis, Semin, Purcell, Pacioretty, Brown, Marleau, Ennis, Dupuis, Brunner, Ray Whitney, Vrbata
D: Timonen, Pietrangelo, Markov, Campbell, Del Zotto, Carle
G: Schneider, Nabokov
Yahoo! Rotisserie League
G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG
LW: Hall, Hartnell, Benn, Prust
C: H Sedin, J Staal, Bergeron
RW: Eberle, St. Louis, Voracek
D: Hedman, Carle, Del Zotto, Timonen
G: Fleury, Fasth, Elliott, Vokoun