Originally Posted by Bnhershy
Definitely a quick and exciting draft. The inevitable goalie run kinda messed me up. Couldn't pass on Datsyuk in the 2nd round. Agree that Stepanwolf and my buddy CareyOn... had very solid drafts, but I don't see what's so great about Labarbera O'Reilly looking at his full roster, a large chunk of the team is relying on bouncebacks and breakouts.
Are you criticising my team?
Fair points - there is some risk and I did that on purpose. As I was going, if I had a position I did look for safer players but sometimes tried to focus on players that would have prime ice time/opportunity on their respective clubs to do well (e.g. not as buried by depth etc). If most pan out and stay healthy, then I hope to contend. But you never know.
Things I need / would like from my players:
- Karlsson to have as good a season as last year, to offset my weaker depth
- Iginla not to start slowly and click with Tanguay
- Koivu to stay healthy
- Streit to be the Streit of old
- Wheeler / Flash to show that last year was no fluke
- Ennis / Zajac to be number one centres (or on top line) for most of the season, which ensures top PP time
- Johnson to improve to 35 points full season pro-rated
- For Zidlicky to bomb so Larsson can get better PP minutes
- For Philadelphia and Anaheim to have limited schedule conflicts so I can maximise my goalie games without too much decision making on whom to start