Assistant GM Time Murray was also just on Team1200 radio and this is a quick rundown of what he said:
- Huge advantage coming out of the gate this season because so many of the Sens stayed active this lockout (overseas and AHL). As many as 17 of the 23-man roster should already be game shape or close.
- Cody Ceci will get an invite to camp - if nothing more than to reset his season. The 67's have had a rough ride in the OHL this year and Ceci was just traded to Owen Sound. This invite to camp will recharge him and get him excited for a Memorial Cup push with Owen Sound. They couldn't think of any negatives that inviting him to camp could bring.
- Stefan Noesen will be invited to camp as well. He is suspended for 10 games right now and missed the WJHC because of it. This gives him a chance to play hockey while he is suspended. Plymouth Whalers are very happy he is getting an invite because when his suspension is over, he will come back into their lineup ready to go and with NHL camp experience to draw from.
- Mika Zibanejad may play this weekend in Bingo. They were extra cautious with him and held him out longer than Mika wanted becasue they were doing so well in the AHL. Good things come from winning, letting ZBad rest was one of those things.
- My estimated 5/6 pairing for Ottawa this year was Wiercioch and Benoit. That seems be a pretty good guess as Tim Murray spoke about them as well. 3 or 4 Bingo Dmen will be invited, Borowiecki and maybe one more.
- Didn't rule out possibility of a trade to bring in help for Ottawa's D, but at some point you need to give someone in your organization a chance to prove his worth.
- 26 or 27 will be invited to camp. 15 forwards, 8 or 9 D and 3 goalies.
- All 3 goalies have 100% confidence from the organization. He wouldn't care if Coach Paul MacLean said he thinks Lehner should stay in the NHL. If that is what the coach says, they will probably have to make it happen. One-way (Bishop) versus two-way contracts (Lehner) will factor in only slightly. I have to laugh at the one.