Toronto. Smoke = Fire = Lui to the Leafs.
1. Toronto MUST make the playoffs soon, and Luongo (or another very legit starter) is their best bet to make it happen. He can handle the pressure of a CDN market, Burke loves the big move, and Nonis is the guy who brought Lui to Vancouver.
2. Florida doesn't need him, plus have Markstrom coming up.
3. Too much blowback coming the Canucks way if Luongo goes to Chicago and tears it up.
4. I'm intrigued with the idea of Luongo staying in Van as insurance during a shortened season, but it would be a NIGHTMARE for the team from the media and fan standpoint. Just cut ties and move along.
5. Oilers? Remember Bob Stauffer's "Oilers are going to make a huge move" comment from a couple months ago? I've always wondered. But to me, it's similar to #3. The return for the Canucks would have to be huge for it to happen.
Last edited by Reuben; 12-31-2012 at 05:38 PM.