Originally Posted by metaldude26
I'm curious about the mere 20 game limit for prospects before they have to be graduated to the pros. It would seem to me that you are setting yourselves up for failure in this regard. It doesn't take much time for a player to reach 20 games and could easily find himself sent back to the minors for a few years thereafter. You are either going to have several teams carrying a lot of dead weight or you are going to have a lot of good prospects on the waiver wire.
I totally agree. I fought hard to push the game limit for players to remain Prospect eligible to 82 games, but was ultimately outvoted by a group of close-minded members in the league who bonded together to overthrow me. But i'm not bitter
Sorry, I should've been more clear as to how the numbers beside each player related to their draft position. The number beside each player is the Round they were drafted. Using my team as an example:
1. Filip Forsberg (Drafted round 1, I drafted 5th, so he was taken 5th overall)
2. Nick Bjugstad (2nd round, snake draft, so taken 20th overall)
3. Ty Rattie (3rd round, 29th overall)
4. Mark Barberio (4th round, 44th overall)
5. Drew Shore (5th, 53rd overall)
6. Scott Glennie (68th overall)
7. J.T. Miller (77th overall)
Teams are listed in the order they drafted.
Team 1 drafted: Yakupov