Originally Posted by VincentVega
1. Skyfall - 5/10. BIG disappointment. It didn't feel like a Bond movie at all. Excellent action, though.
2. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - 8/10. Very good Swedish crime thriller.
3. Tangled - 8/10. My daughter and I enjoyed this a great deal. Good for kids and immature adults too.
4. Prometheus - 4/10. Horrible dialog and mediocre story. Only redeeming factor was the breathtaking cinematography.
5. Planet Earth - 10/10. OK, not strictly a movie but this BBC series of nature documentaries is just out of this world. If you haven't seen this yet, do yourself a favor and do. This is by far the most memorable visual feast in years. Be warned though, it's highly addictive. I keep going back to it over and over.
I totally second Planet Earth! Did you watch the short "best of" compilation or the complete version spanning several discs? I sometimes leave it on the TV when I'm doing various stuff in the apartment. I catch myself getting stuck in front of the TV because of something completely stunning.