Originally Posted by shallowfrozenwater
been digging for info ever since i first heard about it 45 mins ago or so. completely stoked by the idea of adding JJ and Reyes to the Jays. i'm not a huge Buehrle fan and Bonifacio has durability to play all over the field but still Reyes is just right at the top of the order and JJ will get loads of K's if he can stay healthy.
the Fish basically sent anyone who is earning any money up north here. Loria is an idiot, he's always been an idiot and today i'm very glad that he is.
1. Buehrle gives the Jays some much needed leadership, a professional that throws 200 innings almost every single season.
2. Reyes is a fabulous add for what you're giving up, I don't think he'll have any trouble hitting in the AL East.
3. If Johnson is healthy, he can be a very good pitcher. I think he'll make a difference for this team.
4. John Buck is one of the most underrated catchers in baseball, I always liked what he brought to the Jays when they had him a few years back.
5. I'm thrilled the Jays gave up some of their prospects because they have one of the best farm systems in all of baseball.
6. Bonifacio is a speed demon, he can play all over the diamond and when healthy, he scores runs and steals bases.
I absolutely love this deal for Toronto, I think it addresses many weaknesses.
Lets have some fun for a second, look at the Jays lineup for next year when they have their new players.
C- Arencibia or d'Arnaud