|Keeper League #2||Tweet|
|Written by J Status|
|Thursday, 24 January 2008 15:52|
How to Start a Keeper League – Version #2
J Status' personal keeper league, the HHKL, features up to 3 drafts every year and a cascading keeper protection system that makes it a challenge to stay on top for long. If you like drafting and a league that encourages trades, this is the one for you.
J Status' HHKL Features Summary:
1. Yahoo H2H, 14 teamer with off-season proboards site for drafting/trading/discussion
2. Unlimited trades but moves limit to discourage streaming
3. Deep 25 man rosters (+3 IR) and very deep 17 keeper system (+3 IR)
4. May keep any players in IR slots in addition to 17 keepers
5. Keep max three goalies on big club. No limit on farm
6. Up to three serpentine drafts each season: Regular, Depravity and sometimes Dynasty
7. Champion for two straight years or top three for three years will lose six players in Dynasty Draft
8. Draft lottery and cascading protection system for drafts
9. 10-player farms
10. Four posted vetoes negate trade. Teams involved in trade may not vote
Basic Rules and Settings
1. Daily add/drop player rotation is highly discouraged and will not be tolerated. This is the reason for the 80 move limit.
2. Playoff moves will be limited to 3 moves per week during playoffs (email request if you have a large numbers of injuries). This too is to prevent player rotation.
3. All trades, Add/Drop, and roster management must be done for the good of your team.
2. No requirements on positions. (Example: If you choose to keep 17 centers, you may... although you would lose.)
3. Players on IR and in minors will also be kept from year to year.
4. IR Players need only be in the IR slot to be eligible (they do not actually have to still be on the IR in real life).
5. ALL TEAMS MAY ONLY KEEP a MAXIMUM OF 3 NON-FARM GOALIES. You may keep as many as you like on the farm.
6. Keeper Rosters and Minors must be posted on the HHKL Message Board and the Yahoo League page by the last day of the regular fantasy season.
7. Playoff call-ups and drops. Once the regular fantasy season ends, keeper and minors rosters are set for next year. Any drops or call-ups you make will not change your rosters you already submitted for next year. So drop your best player if he gets hurt during the playoffs... he will still be on your keeper list next year. Call up your best prospect for the playoff chase... he will still be on the farm starting next year.
2. 4 posted vetoes negate a trade.
3. Those involved in the trade may not veto their own trade.
4. All farm transactions are instant yet fully reversible by veto.
5. If an ACTIVE player from a farm roster is traded, he must be called up to the big club. In these cases, those players will be held on waivers until the trade period passes so as not to create an unfair advantage allowing the new team to use the player... in case it is vetoed and reversed.
Farm (Minors) Rules:
3. If an NA player is placed on waivers, he can be picked up immediately for the minors (no need to wait for waivers on a NA minor league candidate).
4. All players listed on minors teams are protected even if they do become active in the yahoo system.
5. Once an active player is removed from the minors he cannot be returned to the farm until he is once again NA.
6. 50/20 Game Rule (beginning of each year)- Any player that in the previous year played 50 games as a skater, or 20 games as a goalie, will no long be eligible for the farm team the following year. If they become NA once again, this rule resets and no longer applies.
7. Farm Team of 10, Keep all.
Turnover System Rules:
1. Depravity Draft Rules- Playoff teams will be subjected to a cascade protection from 5 to 10 players protected based on playoff finish.
1st- protect 5
The bottom teams will pick from a pool of keeper players that are unprotected by the playoff teams. 2 years bottom 3 regular season gets 2 keeper pool picks. 1 year bottom 3 gets 1 pick. 2 years out of playoffs gets 1 keeper pool pick.
Top three playoff teams can lose a max of 2 players; 4th-6th can lose a max of 1 player. All unprotected players which are not claimed are returned to their team. Teams only lose 1 goalie and goalies are completely excluded if a club has only two big roster keeper goalies.
2. Dynasty Draft Rules- After 2 consecutive championships or 3 years top 3 finish, team can only protect 10 players from dynasty draft the following year. This is an attack on the depth of the team more so than the depravity draft. The bottom 6 teams will each get to select 1 unprotected player. Even if dynasty team only has 2 goalies, they are NOT EXCLUDED from this draft. They must either be protected or put into the draft pool.
All unprotected players, which are not selected, are returned to their team. This draft will occur immediately following the end of the Depravity Draft.
3. Depravity Draft protections and (if applicable) Dynasty Draft Protections must be posted on the league page and HHKL Boards
4. Consolation tournament winner will be rewarded the Sandwich (15th overall) pick after the 1st round in the Regular Draft.
1. All drafts will be done in reverse and serpentine style.
2. All drafts will have the order of the bottom 6 finishers based on the draft lottery.
3. The draft lottery chances will be 6,5,4,3,2,1 for a total of 21 chances. The allotment of chances will be based on regular season final standings of the bottom 6 teams.
4. All drafts will have the order of the top 6 finishers based on PLAYOFF final standings.
5. Farm cuts and Wait list players must be removed by Oct. 1st each year in order to get your freedom to make FA moves. After the reg draft, I will unlock your team ASAP once you are within the farm and main roster limits.
|Last Updated on Friday, 17 July 2009 10:06|