Wojtek Wolski has signed to play in the KHL next season. NHL coaches just don't put up with lack of effort - perceived or real. But I think he didn't get a fair shake. This, coming from a guy who was not a Wolski fan back when he was a prospect and a rookie. I remember getting called out a few times by readers for being too hard on him. But now that the pendulum of his career has swung the other way, I find myself a defender of his. Put his one-dimensional game with a first-line star and he'll thrive. The Caps gave him a few chances early in the season, but that was when Ovechkin was sucking. Anyway, the ship has sailed, he's done with the NHL.

Kris Letang and Evgeni Malkin combined for 17 shots in the 4.5 period game last night. Letang was all over the ice, I swear I even saw him pass the puck around the boards and then skate to the other side of the rink and accept his own pass. If he could only stay healthy, he and Erik Karlsson would have a real battle for the d-man scoring title one day.

I get the sense that Jarome Iginla's decline has started. Stupid to say, given that he has 10 points in nine games. But he's losing puck battles he would normally win, and he's lost a step. Soon he'll be 36 (July) and if he doesn't re-sign with Pittsburgh than I wonder if he'll get 65 points again.

Besides Daniel Alfredsson and (of course) Craig Anderson, the most impressive Senator to me was Jean-Gabriel Pageau. He has six points in eight games and 10 points in 17 career NHL games. And he's only 20. Last night he showed a lot of poise, and was bold on a number of occasions with moves that most guys that age don't even try. It's funny how his game is translating better to the NHL than it did to the AHL.

Boston defenseman Torey Krug, a sleeper I had in the preseason guide earlier this year, is showing us why. Playing his second consecutive game and fifth game of his career, he scored and added an assist. In all, he has five points in five games. Looking good for next year, and it's perfect because he barely played in the regular season and by the time September rolls around everyone (else) will have forgotten him. Don't worry, I'll remind you.

For Brad Marchand, give him five points during a three-game points streak.

King Henrik is human after all - five goals by him on 32 shots. He says he felt discomfort in his shoulder after making a save with five minutes left. Doesn't explain the rest of the game, but does raise the possibility of next game (Tuesday) being played with discomfort.

Richard Nash picked up his first goal… in his ninth game. He has four points now in the playoffs, pulling him ahead of Taylor Pyatt in the scoring race.

Mats Zuccarello is second in team scoring for the playoffs with six points (five assists). He's an impressive plus-10 in the 24 games since his return to the NHL.

Michael Del Zotto and Dan Girardi were a combined minus-7 Sunday.

Brad Richards saw just 10:34 of ice time - one point in nine playoff games. He's only 33, I can't believe his skills have completely fallen like this. He must be hurt. I can see the decline and I believe that Stepan and maybe even Brassard have passed him on the depth chart - but nothing like this.

In Memorial Cup action - four points for Nathan MacKinnon to give Halifax the 7-4 win over Portland. I'm still unwavering in my belief that Drouin is the top forward pick in fantasy hockey, while MacKinnon is the top forward pick in 'real' hockey. Seth Jones will be the top pick, overall. Drouin hasn't had the greatest tournament.

St. Louis prospect Ty Rattie continues to go nutty in junior hockey, with three points in the losing cause. You can read up on Rattie's (and all the other key prospects) profile over at DobberProspects right here.

And check out the site for Brendan and Rich's latest ramblings…which they did about three weeks ago. Just bustin' your chops fellas - Brendan and Rich are hard at work, along with myself, putting together the Fantasy Prospects Report. Ramblings over there will be back to normal soon.

Martin Havlat will not play in Game 4 due to a lower body injury. It is expected that Tim Kennedy will draw back in.

Viktor Stalberg will get back into the game for Chicago, as he practiced with Shaw and Bickell - and the Hawks lost last game. He's the type to be motivated from a benching. Chicago line combs in practice:

Brandon SaadJonathan ToewsMarian Hossa

Patrick SharpDave BollandPatrick Kane

Bryan BickellAndrew ShawViktor Stalberg

Daniel CarcilloMarcus KrugerMichael Frolik

…and Frolik continues to be the Ferrari that pulls a plow.

Some notable notes on the 2OT game last night:

Erik Karlsson played 39:48, Kris Letang 36:52, Sidney Crosby 33:08

A double OT game and Jarome Iginla doesn't play 19 minutes. He had 18:37 of ice time, and the game was the equivalent to a game-and-a-half.

Jason Spezza, in his first game back from back surgery, saw 18:40 as Coach MacLean tried desperately to hold his ice time down and ease him back into the lineup.

Kyle Turris saw 31:02 of ice time, which was easily a career high.

Short and sweet today gang, still enjoying the holiday weekend. I need to rest up and bury myself in the Prospects Report, which is out in 12 days.

And the Top Goalies list should be up later today.

Jonathan Quick got a game misconduct for his tirade after Game 3 Saturday, but will see no further discipline. He smashed his stick and chased after the ref. Here is the best footage I could find (though the footage gets silly with the 'Bad Boys' stuff):

atredbeard said:

atredbeard
... To all authors of the daily ramblings,

Thank you! I regularly ready articles and ramblings on this site and find them insightful, enjoyable, and very relevant. I will continue to read/purchase content even if you don't pat my Red Wings on the back enough!

donpaulo said:

... I agree with the consensus. Dobberhockey is at or near the top of the hockey sites I visit regularly. I am looking forward to June 1

danhl said:

danhl
... Dobber, I'm a die hard Sens fan. I'm also a die hard Dobber fan. This site is amazing and your ramblings are insightful and inspired. I love the sight not only for the fantasy relevant stuff but the general hockey info and insights you give us on a daily (daily ramblings?) basis. You got me through the lock out and helped me win a season and I came second (tied and lost by seeding I was one Lehner save away from winning it all!)
You da man!

... Thanks everyone

Rollie, I think the NHL can simply hide behind the fact that there is no real footage showing exactly what Quick said and did. It's his word vs. their word. So they can chalk it up to emotion and no hard feelings. If it was on tape for them to review, then we'd have something. Certainly a fine.

Rollie1967 said:

... Dobber- so do you think nothing happens to Quick due to it being nothing but a tongue lashing at the refs? or because hes a star goalie and giving him a 1 game ban would have a HUGE impact on the series? The video footage isnt great, and if there is nothing else handed out- then its no loss to Quick/the Kings, so this may be just the refs letting him know hes dangerously close to crossing the line. Maybe a fine is in order...or do we have Koharski/donutgate 2.0 in the making, the refs take abuse from all sides- must be frustrating when your employer doesnt even back you up.

mounD said:

mounD
Re: Dobber team / ramblings I just wanted to say 'thanks' as well, much like the other posters here. Dobber does a fantastic job keeping everyone abreast of the most relevant topics in fantasy hockey.

Keep doing what you're doing. Thanks again.

bluecollar said:

bluecollar
Love the ramblings I normally read these ramblings daily without commenting, but in light of the negative comment from fulcrum I wanted to go out of my way to thank Dobber and his crew for posting the best fantasy hockey content on the internet. Fulcrum can stop reading the content if he's so upset. The people who appreciate your work far outnumber this bonehead, even if we don't comment every day.

Posting when someone is sick at 1am, hats off! You deserve far more credit than you get.

Zorro said:

Zorro
... This website is the best place for FANTASY HOCKEY!!

TSN is a good place to go and watch "hockey" highlights..
May 20, 2013

LOL Letang was all over the ice, I swear I even saw him pass the puck around the boards and then skate to the other side of the rink and accept his own pass.

Teehee... I like to imagine that I can do this when I play!

nick12345 said:

nick12345
... This site is my first stop every morning as it gives a unique look at the previous nights game that you don't get anywhere else. The fact that people complain about free services blows my mind. Keep up the great work here Dobber, I know the masses outweigh the ridiculous comments people like fulcrum make.

frozenpools said:

frozenpools
... In playoffs, the results matter much more then during the season. I agree though. Keep up the good ramblings!

kbooks said:

kbooks
... This is the only hockey site I read on a daily basis. I don't read it to find out how the games went I read it for Fantasy hockey insight. Some days are better than others but I do get what I consider valuable insights for Fantasy hockey from these ramblings. I have taken advantage of many insights gained from the ramblings to help me in my various Fantasy hockey leagues.

Keep up the good work.
May 20, 2013

... fulcrum - can you understand this? It was approaching 1am. I was falling asleep on the keyboard after watching the overtime. I'm a human being. I'm sick, and I was also out working on the yard all day. So when I went to finish off the ramblings I just couldn't hold my head up anymore.

Sometimes, the Internet's content isn't posted by robots.

Your comments cross the line, and they assume that I wrote just a little bit on the game because I'm a Penguins fan? I'm falling short badly and my ramblings suck balls? I wrote little because I was sick, and tired, and it was late. Your comment sucks balls, that's what sucks balls.

Besides, it was a 2-1 game, what can I say that is fantasy relevant? Your precious Sens (probably my #3 team, if I were to list favorites - further exposing your ignorance) kill off a penalty and how does that help fantasy hockey? The refs hosed the Sens a couple times, and (ignoring the ridiculous penalty on Niskanen in 2OT - Pens were hosed too) that helps fantasy hockey...how? I hope you don't come here to read me patting teams on the back for a job well done. It's a fantasy hockey site and there are only so many ways to write about three goals that were scored, and there's only so many ways I can praise Anderson's goaltending (I own him in two keeper leagues). Fantasy hockey. Fantasy hockey. Fantasy hockey. Fantasy hockey. Don't forget what this site is about. Not Ref hockey. Not pat-on-the-back hockey. Not summarize the game hockey. Fantasy hockey.

wow, Low-rated comment [Show]